- Take the CFSC and CRFSC course
- Pass the written and practical exams (conducted at our facility same day after the course)
- Receive your stamped paperwork
- Send in your completed firearms application to RCMP along with stamped paperwork and licensing fee
- Process takes 2 to 3months.
Yes, applicants will first need to take the courses and pass the exams for the specific class of firearms they are applying for and also submit a criminal record check to RCMP from their country of citizenship. For further information, please call 1-800-731-4000
Please call RCMP at 1-800-731-4000
Call Firearms Safety Education Service of Ontario at 705-558-2345. Please do allow 4 to 6 weeks after your course date for the paperwork.
Individuals younger than 18 years of age can only obtain a minor’s license which will enable them to borrow non-restricted firearms and purchase ammunition. Please note, signed parent/guardian consent is required for the individuals under the age of 18. For more information, please visit: http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/fs-fd/minor-mineur-eng.htm