This course is an introductory level course and provides license holders privileges of the non-restricted class of firearms. Non-restricted firearms are primarily manual repeating long guns: Rifles and Shotguns. Some semi-automatic center fire long guns also fall in non-restricted class provided their barrel is greater than 470mm (18.5 inches) in length.
Topics covered in the Canadian Firearms Safety Course:
- Major types, parts and actions of firearms.
- Basic firearms safety practices
- Different types of ammunition
- Operating firearms actions
- Firing techniques
- Care/cleaning of non-restricted firearms.
- Responsibilities as a firearms owner: Safe storage, display and transportation.